Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Almost the Weekend

It's wednesday afternoon, and I have one more day of classes. Tuesday was an uneventful day of going to classes and relaxing. I did find out my schedule for my internship at Intromac. I will be working most of the day on monday. I only have one class at 11 so I work 8-11, 12-14, and 16-18:30. On tuesday and wednesday I work 16-18:30. All other days I have off. It totals to 12.5 hours a week which is perfect for completing the hours required for credit. If I am not travelling I may ask if I can work more on thursday and friday just to get the most out of the opportunity. Erin told me that she thought my project was taking the scraps from the production of rebar and forming a composite to use as pavement for better roads. It sounds very interesting, and I can't wait to start on Monday.

Today was our marathon day of 3 classes in a row. Hard life, huh? I managed to remember all of my notebooks and had all the work completed. Maren on the other hand was not so lucky. She forgot to do the reading for our intro. to lit class as well as look up the words in the dictionary. Our professor was going around the room asking what we thought about life, whether it was for pleasure or suffering, and when he got 2 people down from maren began asking for explanations of the terms we were assigned to look up. So when he got to her, she had to explain that she forgot the assignment. He wasn't concerned and told her to do it for tomorrow. I then had to define the last term. I told her not to feel bad. At least she didn't forget the first essay in the class at home.

Today is also a very cold and dreary day. It is also very windy. We spent the extra money to take two busses to classes and back today because we didn't want to walk to the bus stop in the cold rain and wind. I really think someone, somewhere is against us enjoying the good weather of spain. Because it has rained everyday minus 1 day. This morning, the wind woke me up because it was so hard. Since we're one the fifth floor, it shook the apartment, and our door was rattling. In my sleepy stupor, I thought "do they get earthquakes here?" but then I realized it was the wind. I then was entertained by Maren trying to shove things in the crack of the door and against it. I let her struggle for a while then said "why don't you just crack it open?" she just said "you're so much smarter than me" and cracked the door and that of course solved the issue. The only downfall was we could now hear the noise from the rest of the apartment not only through the thin walls but through the cracked door. Needless to say, it was not the most restful sleep i've had here.

I have quite a bit of homework tonight which I accepted graciously. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have been happy about receiving homework. Since it has been rainy and we haven't had much homework to this point, we really have nothing to do but sleep, eat, and sit on our computers. It was a relief to be given something to help pass the time in the afternoons. This is another reason that I cannot wait to start my internship. I'm getting restless with this much downtime. I never thought I'd say this but right now there is too much downtime. I wish the weather was nice because then i could explore the city and go on long walks but this weather is not conducive to such activity. That is all for now but I'm sure I'll have more fun stories after our first night or two of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment