Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Weekend is Here!

It's thursday afternoon, and the weekend is here! I love saying that. Here's a summary of the past couple days:

Tuesday we went to class and between classes had our usual coffee in the cafe. As we were sitting there, Janelle saw a spanish person she knew, and she asked if we were her spanish friends (referring to me, erin, maren, and ginny). It was kind of flattering that she thought we were spanish. At my internship i continued translating magazine articles. Through the process I'm learning a bit of french since the articles are in french and english. Since the french sentence structure is very similar to that of spanish, I often refer to the french to make sure i have the correct syntax. So though I just sat at a computer and typed all afternoon, I was still very tired after dealing with 3 languages.

Wednesday we went to class, and I almost finished the translating at my internship. We then went out to a celebration with the ERASMUS people. Its a european scholarship program that sponsors students to study in other countries. We had met them a couple weeks ago. The two girls from poland were leaving so it was they're going away party from I gathered. While we were at the bar, i met two spaniards who are in our dance classes. I couldn't go to the first one because of my internship, but now that i know where it is, I can just come late. Erica and I talked with them til after 3. We had some good conversations, and they said that we speak spanish very well. It's always reassuring to hear that because half the time I swear I sound like an idiot.

Today we went to class, and later are going to buy our train tickets to madrid for our trip to paris next weekend. Then we will meet some people and to go out for the night. Tomorrow morning we leave for Cordoba and Granada. They are very old cities with many different cultural influences from roman to arabic. I have heard they are beautiful, and I can't wait to take pictures. I also can't wait to tell you all about it! It's lunch time and then nap time now. I definitely need a siesta today. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment